Monday, January 25, 2010

CNY White Almond Cookies


This is the 2nd time I bake this cookie, it's supposed to be very tasty and crispy, however, somehow, I don't find it as delicious as I baked last year. I was a bit disappointed, it could be because of different recipe is used.

The only different of this recipe from my previous one is lesser shortening and sugar content, other than that, all ingredients look similar. I hardly use shortening for cookies since it's not a common ingredient, I only used for egg tart pastry as I was told it could enhance the crispiness.

Might be my memory didn't strike or my taste buds have changed over time but overall, it still tastes good. The cookies are crispy just that not as tasty as what I expected.

This cookie uses shortening and without egg, therefore, it's suitable for vegetarians. Here is the recipe.
Ingredient A:
  • 180g shortening
  • 90 g icing sugar
Ingredient B:
  • 150g toasted almond flakes
  • 140g corn starch
  • 280g plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
Method:
1. Cream A in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy (3 - 5 mins)
2. Slowly add in B and mix into a dough.
3. Roll out the dough into 1 cm thick. Cut into desired shapes. Place onto a baking tray.
4. Bake at 150*C for 30-35 mins or until cooked. Remove and leave to cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails