Monday, January 25, 2010

CNY Peanut Cookies

Many bakers shared their peanut cookies recipe on blog and gave very good comment and compliment about it, this had urged me to give it a shot.

I chose this recipe because I liked the way the cookies were shaped in the cookbook. The picture was well taken and it looked very tempting as well. The recipe did ask for baked peanut and grind/ blend them into powder. I didn't follow what the recipe asked for because I had a pack of ground peanut left over in the fridge for couple of months, it's an opportunity for me to clear the "stock".
There is no hassle to make this cookie since you just need to mix all the ingredients together and roll into a small balls. I could complete one recipe within a hour (about 60 pieces). The cookies have the melt-in the mouth effect but the texture and taste are not what I expected. I believe if I would have used the traditional method (i.e. roasted peanut and grind into powder), the texture will be finer and the taste will be more fragrant.



Anyway, it's a good try. If I've the time to bake again, I will not short cut.

Here you go .. the recipe.
Ingredients:
  • 300g peanuts
  • 280g flour
  • 100g icing sugar
  • 120g cooking oil (might need more to achieve right consistency)
  • 1 egg yolk (for egg wash)

Method:
1. Bake peanut at 160*C for 10 mins and blend/ grind into powder.
2. Mix peanut powder, flour and icing sugar, pour in oil and mix to form dough. Shape into small balls. arrange on a lined baking tray, egg wash.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 13- 15 mins at 175*C.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails