Sunday, January 31, 2010

CNY Honey Cornflake Cups (I) & (II)

This cookies will definitely be well received by all kids as it's crispy, sweet and buttery.  Since it is so simple and easy to make, it's highly recommended to bake for this coming Chinese New year!

There are many recipes around, some go with nuts, some with dried fruit, however, I still prefer pure cornflakes as it tastes best .  My daughters share the same view.


I hardly eat cereal, therefore, I'm not sure which brand to use for this cookie.  My daughter recommended Kellogg's as she thinks they have the best product.   This time round, I use two packs of cornflakes but I don't think it can last till Chinese New Year as both my daughters love this cookie, if they start to eat, they can't stop and each of them can finish half of the recipe at one go.   Therefore, I'll bake another round to keep for the big day.

If you would like to join the fun, here is the recipe.

Preparation - Preheat oven at 170*C for 15 mins. Makes about 50 cups.

Ingredients
- 45g butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 125g corn flakes

Method
1. Melt butter in microwave for 20 sec.
2. Add in sugar and honey, stir till sugar is dissolved.
3. Add in corn flakes and mix well.
4. Spoon into small paper cup and bake at 170*C for 8 mins or lightly golden.


2nd Batch:
Since this is a fuss free recipe, I decided to bake another batch on Feb 6.  I did 2 recipes this time round, it only filled up two bottles.    For this batch, I tried to add some almond flakes and raisins to some of cups, hope to add more flavour but it didn't make too much a different in term of taste and crispiness.    Anyway, it's just experimental!  Cheer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails