Saturday, January 30, 2010

CNY Closed Pineapple Tarts (II)

This is the second batch of Pineapple Tarts I baked for this Chinese New Year using the same recipe as the formal one but this time round, the jam that I used was brought from a home-made supplier, not from the off-the-self. This jam is so much nicer as it's not too sweet and hard. The combination of the buttery pastry, the sweetness of the pineapple jam and the melt-in-the- mouth effect makes this cookie soooo yummy!

In order to improve the appearance, I used a cookie cuter to do some designs.  I was quite satisfied with it as it looked more "attractive" as compared to my first batch.   For each recipe, I could only make about 90 pieces, it's about 3 small bottles and took me more than 3 hours.  It's not sufficient to share with friends/ colleauges and give away to my slibings.  I'm planning to to take a day off to make  another one round.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails