Monday, January 25, 2010

CNY Cashewnut Cookies (I) & (II)

This recipe wasn't in my to-bake list since it wasn't the editor choice. In fact, I did bake cashew nut cookies last new year but that recipe didn't give me a very good impression, hence, I decided to explore this one.

I'm surprised about the outcome as it's very fragrant, crunchy outside and has melt-in-the-mouth effort. The combination of ghee and butter makes this cookie taste so yummy! 


Since this cookie is so yummy, this will be one of the treaties cannot be missed in Chinese New Year and I will definitely bake again.

Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 220g butter
  • 40g ghee
  • 120g caster sugar
  • 280g plain flour } sift
  • 20g corn flour } together
  • 200g cashew nuts, toasted and chopped (toasted for 8-10 mins at 160*C fan-forced)
  • 100g halved cashew nuts
  • 1 egg yolk for egg wash (mixed with 2-3 drops of water and oil)
Method:
1. Cream butter, ghee and caster sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy (3-5 mins)
2. Add in flours and cashew nuts, mix into a dough.
3. Roll out the dough into 7g balls, place onto a baking tray (lined with baking paper), glaze with beaten egg and press half of the cashew nut on each cookie.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 170*C (top buttom heat) for 18 mins or until cooked.

Updated on Feb 6:
Baked another batch of Cashewnut cookie on Feb 6 since I was very satisfiable with the last attempt.  I used two recipes this round, as expected, it still tasted so good.   Here you go.. Cheer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails