This is another type of Almond Cookie, since the pastry is similar to shortbread, I therefore named this as "Almond Shortbread Cookies" in order to differentiate this from other almond cookie.
What's so special about this cookie? This is not a melt-in-the-mouth type, it's very crunchy and full of almond flavour. If you like crunchy texture, this will be your choice.
This recipe can make about 60 pieces. Here you go..have fun!
- Preheat oven at 160*C (fan forced) for 15 mins.
- 200g plain flour } sift
- 1/2 tsp baking power } together
- 96g fine sugar
- 140g butter (cold and firm)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 90g toasted whole almonds and pounded (bake for 10 mins at 180*C fan forced)
- some almond flakes for decoration
- 1 beaten egg yolks + few drops of oil and water for glazing
1. Sift flour and baking powder and then mix well with sugar.
2. Cut butter into cubes and add into step 1. Use rub in method and then add in vanilla essence. Rub till it forms dough.
3. Add in pounded almond and knead well.
4. Roll dough in between 2 sheets of plastic bag or baking paper to 3-4 mm thickness.
5. Use cookie cutter and cut into desired shape. Egg wash and place an almond flakes on each cookie.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 160*C (fan forced) or 180*C (top bottom) for 12-15 mins.