Sunday, January 17, 2010

CNY Almond Cookies

Here you go..another almond cookies for Chinese Near Year! This is different from the Sugee Almond Cookies as the fat used is cooking oil instead of ghee. This is a fuss-free and easy-to-make treat. The baking time and step are much simpler than the former one. Not resting time needed.

This is my youngest daughter's favourite. It's very fragrant and crunchy, it has the melt-in-the mouth effect as well. In fact, my hubby and elder daughter also gave it a thump-up.


This recipe can make about 50 piece only. This batch of cookies was baked yesterday and I spent less than 1.5 hours to finish the whole process .


I gave a bottle to my eldest brother yesterday, I heard from my sis-in-law that he loved the cookies so much and asked why not considering to take order. Since I only bake for fun plus my current job commitment, it's hard for me to bake more. In fact, lately, I had been baking till midnight. Although it's very tiring, I enjoy the process.

Since the cookie is so easy to make, you should give it a try and sure you will win compliments from your family and friends! The recipe is here!

Preparation:
- Preheat oven at 180*C at 15 mins. 

Ingredients:
- 120g ground almond (super fine)           }
- 95g caster sugar                 } Ingredient A
- 1/4 tsp salt                        }
- 180g plain flour (sifted)        }
- 1 tsp baking powder (sifted) }
- 1 tsp baking soda (sifted)     }
- 122ml cooking oil
- 1 egg yolk (beaten plus mixed with a few drops of oil) for glazing
Method
1. Mix ingredient A (ground almond, caster sugar, salt, flour, baking powder and soda) together.
2. Combine cooking oil and ingredient A in a mixer, mix at lowest speed to form a dough (about 30sec to 1 min).
3. Scale the dough at 7-8g (or 1 tsp compressed) each and roll them into ball. Arrange each ball on lined baking trays and glaze the top surfaces.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 180*C for 18mins or until lightly browned. Cool well before storage.
 
(Oven inside temperature was only at 170-175*C)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails