Sunday, November 8, 2009

Buttermilk Muffins with Banana Walnuts and Chocolate Chips

Lately, I managed to reconnect some of my old friends via facebook. It's glad to be in touch with them again. Hope this momentum will stay and friendship will continue and last ... 

I always have a "to-do" list for the weekend and wanted to explore some new items but since I bought a package of buttermilk last week and haven't used up, I will have to clear it, else it becomes another spoilage. I bake another batch of muffins but this round, I created a new flavour, I added some chocolate chips into it. With the buttermilk, the muffins turned out very soft and light in texture, the addition of chocolate chips has givan an enhanced flavour to the muffins, I believe it will entice the kids or the chocolate lovers as the chocolate blends very well with banana and nuts. It's really tasty.

Below are the ingredients for making 12 cups of the buttermilk muffins with banana walnuts and chocolate chips:
  • 250g self raising flour
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • 150g sugar
  • 2 eggs (65g each)
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 80ml buttermilk
  • 120g melted butter (microwave 20 sec)
  • 180g banana (sliced)
  • 60g chocolate chips
  • 80g walnuts (lightly toasted), chunky pieces

For the method, pls follow the Banana Walnut Muffins recipe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails