Friday, November 20, 2009

Blueberry Chocolate Cheesecake

I am not very looking forward to this weekend as my maid is going back for home leave next Monday. That means I'll have no one to cook, to wash and to clean the house for almost a month, I probably be the "maid" during that period and might not have spare time for baking and other stuffs that I would like to do.

I don't like to be bogged down by house chores. As I've not been doing this for more than 10 years, I'm not sure whether I will be able to cope again. After discussed with my hubby, we decided not to cook, this will help to reduce some of the washing part so that we have more time for ourselves. Will keep my fingers crossed, everything should go well ...

This is the dessert I made yesterday. Blueberry again?! Oh ya.. I still have half can of blueberry pie filling left over from my last Blueberry Sponge Cheesecake and since I've been wanting to try this Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake recipe for sometime, this just fits in. This recipe is taken from one of the cookbook I bought sometime back, it's a cold set cheesecake and therefore, no baking is needed. There is no hassle to make this dessert, what you need is patience as a lot of waiting time will be required.

Since this is my first attempt, I decided to halve the recipe. I added 1 tbsp of lemon juice hoping that it will cut down the sweetness of the blueberry pie filling. To my surprise, the combination of white chocolate, cream cheese and blueberry blend so perfectly, the sweetness is just right, the cake turned out extremely creamy, yummy and tasty. For those who are health/ weight conscious, this will be a very sinful dessert since cheese and chocolate both contain high level of calories and fat. You probably have to halve the amount of your intake.

Here is the recipe for sharing. 
Cheesecake Base:
-50g digestive biscuit crumbs combines with 50g Oreo biscuit crumbs
-50g melted butter

Method:
1. Mix all the above ingredients and press into a 6" prepared pan lined with foil. Chill in fridge for at least 30 mins.

Cheese Filling:
A. 250g cream cheese, 5g vanilla essence, 1 tbsp lemon juice
B. 25g milk, 95g white chocolate coins, 50g sugar
C. 11g gelatin, dissolve with 2 tbsp hot water or double boil
D. 200g whipping cream (whipped)
E. 110g blueberry pie filling

Method:
1. Whip cream cheese and then add in vanilla essence and lemon juice. Beat till smooth (abt 3-5 mins)
2. Double boil milk, white chocolate and sugar. Still and boil till chocolate melts over low heat.
3. Add dissolved gelatine into above chocolate mixture, stir till combine.
4. Pour above chocolate mixture slowly into cream cheese mixture in step 1, beat on slow speed till well combined. Pour whipped cream into the above mixture and mix well.
5. Divide the above mixture into 1/3 and 2/3 portions. Add blueberry pie filing into 1/3 mixture, stir till combine.
6. Pour half of the 2/3 plain mixture into the prepared pan and let it set in the fridge (about 15 mins in freezer)
7. Pour the blueberry mixture on top of the plain mixture and let it set in the fridge (about 15 mins in freezer)
8. Pour the remaining plain mixture on top and let it chill the fridge for at least 3 hours till it completely sets.
9. Decorate with extra blueberry filling if desired.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails