Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blueberry Cheesecake Bars

Food could help to relieve stress. This works for me and therefore, I think I should bake something for my elder daughter since she is under tremendously stress coping with her "A" level examination lately.
I bought a pack of blueberry last weekend plus I still have some leftover of cottage cheese from last bake, I decided to bake a blueberry cheesecake since it's my daughter's best favourite. I come across this blueberry cheesecake bars recipe from My Kitchen Snippets blog, it looks appetizing and delicious, and therefore I decided to adopt this.
According to this website, cottage cheese is high in protein and calcium and foods with high protein content that aren't loaded with sugar won't cause a spike in blood sugar and will keep us satiated for a longer time. Blueberry is very rich in antioxidants and it offers a high-fiber, low-calorie fruit option that is also rich in stress-fighting. The combination of cottage cheese with blueberry will definitely strengthen its level to fight stress.

The cake turned out very refreshing and my daughter likes it. It tastes much better after an overnight chilled. For me, I find it a bit less moist and too sour, the dryness could be due to direct bake. If I've to bake again, I will use water bath method and top up the sugar to 100g to. I rate this recipe a 6.0
I converted some of the measurement to gram since it's more commonly used here.

Ingredients :
  • 200g digestive biscuit
  • 120g melted butter
  • 100g cottage cheese
  • 250g cream cheese
  • 80g sugar
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp lemon zest (one piece of lemon)
  • 1-2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 100g fresh blueberries
For the method, please follow My Kitchen Snippets blog.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails