Monday, October 26, 2009

Mango Mousse Cake

Happy Birthday, Mum! Hope you like the Mango Mousse Cake.
Yesterday, we celebrated our mum's birthday and I baked this Mango Mousse cake for her since my mum is not a chocolate and cheese lover. I did a trial previously although I was quite pleased with the end result but I still find something missing. I browsed through the blogs and cookbooks, finally managed to settle with another recipe. I adopted the mousse recipe from Florence's Mango Mousse Cake since there are many good feedback from those who tried it. For the sponge cake, I decided to use back my previous recipe (but cut down sugar slightly) since I am very pleased with the cake texture - very spongy. Since I'm not very skillful in icing, I decided to have it simple. I just decorated with some strawberry and mango fruits and iced with fresh cream. 

Although everyone was so bloated after the 10-course dinner, they still enjoyed the cake so much as it's very refreshing and tasty. I would say this mango mousse cake is indeed a perfect dessert/ treat and this recipe is really worth a try. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails