Saturday, October 10, 2009

Walnut Butter Cake

The other cake I baked for the charity is the Walnut Butter Cake. The recipe is same as the Banana Walnut Butter Cake except replacing 240g of banana with 60ml of milk. I realized that the cut down of butter to 200g seems affecting the texture and taste for the butter walnut cake. It's not as moist and buttery as I expected. Apart from that, I think I could cut down the sugar a bit as I prefer less sweet. Other than that, the cake is prefect and yummy.

If you would like to give it a try, I would recommend the following ingredient amount:
- 225g butter (chilled but a bit soft at surface)
- 2 tbsp condensed milk (chilled)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp rum (optional)
- 4 (65g each) eggs (cold)
- 140g sugar
- 170g self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 60ml fresh milk
- 100g finely chopped walnut

For the method, please follow the banana walnut butter cake recipe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails