Saturday, October 17, 2009

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Pizza is awesome specially to the kids. For long time, I'd had been trying to bake it for my daughters but I wasn't confident to try. I signed up a pizza baking class last week and realized it was not as difficult as what I thought. The step is easy to pick up.

I was excited and look forward to the weekend so that I could share another new dish with my family. I baked two BBQ Chicken pizzas this round, I blind baked the crust to achieve the crispness before adding the topping as my family prefers this way. In the past, I avoided BBQ sauce as I didn't like the sweetness but somehow, it blends so well with the chicken, crust and all these cheeses. The pizza turned up very appetising, delicious, juicy and tasty. My mum was someone who detested cheesy food and never like to eat but to my surprise, she likes this pizza. My younger daughter is so satisfied with it and wanted me to bake again:)
Definitely, I will as it's really excellent and yummy! This recipe is worth a keeper and I rate it a 9.

Here is the recipe to make Two 12-14" pizza:

Preparation:
Preheat oven at 210*C (fan forced) for 15 mins.
Crust Ingredients
- 350g bread flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp yeast } stir until
- 2 tbsp water } dissolved
- 185ml warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
More olive oil for coating

Method
1. In a mixing bowl, stir bread flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar together.
2. Make a well and stir in dissolved yeast, water and olive oil.
3. Beat at low speed for about 10 mins till the dough looks very smooth and leaves sides of the bowls clean. (if it's too sticky, add in a bit of flour)
4. Divide the dough into 2 and shape into rounds.
5. Grease each mixing bowls with olive oil and place each dough into each bowl. Turn over once to coat the top of the dough. Cover with cling wrap and leave to stand for 30 mins.
6. Roll each dough into a 12-14" round on a floured surface. Transfer to a pizza pan (use black pan) that's greased with olive oil and proof for 15 mins . (You could freeze it for use).
7. Prick a few hole and bake at 210*C for 5 mins. Remove and add topping (refer to below for steps) and bake for another 10 mins.

BBQ Chicken Topping Ingredient (for 2 pizza portion) 
- 40g Butter }
- 1 onion - cut into cubes or slices } Pre-cook together
- 500g chicken breast - diced }
- 4 tbsp BBQ sauce }
- 4 tbsp Italian pasta sauce
- 200g button mushroom - sliced and saute
- 1/4 green pepper - cut into cubes
- Oregano leaves
- Basil leaves

Method
1. In a frying plan, heat up butter and stir fry onion till fragrant before adding chicken.
2. Add in BBQ sauce to cook with chicken. Let it dry out or till sauce thicken.
3. Scoop up the BBQ chicken and set aside.
4. Scoop 2 tbsp of pasta sauce and spread over onto each pizza crust evenly.
5. Sprinkle with the cheese, top with BBQ chicken, mushroom and green pepper. Sprinkle some Oregano and Basil leaves and then drizzle with a bit of BBQ sauce. Last, sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
6. Bake at 210*C for 10 mins or till cheese turns golden.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails