Saturday, September 19, 2009

Temptation Oreo (I)

It's another Saturday, what I should bake this weekend? Since there is still a lot of whipping cream left over, I must try to finish it else, it'll be expired. As I need to bake something that will use up a large amount of the cream, initially, I was thinking to do bake rice but as I don't have other ingredients, I chose the Oreo Cheese Cake since it's my younger daughter's favorite.

I flipped through the recipe books I have and decided to use Alex Goh's since I baked once before and it was great. I made a slight modification to the original recipe. Below is the recipe I used to bake the Oreo Cheesecake.

 Preparation
 - Preheat oven at 160*C for 15 mins. Prepare 8” spring form pan wrapped with foil.

Ingredients
Biscuit Base
- 200g Oreo biscuit
- 100g melted butter

Cheese Filling
- 600g cream cheese } cream together till smooth
- 105g sugar }
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 (150g) eggs
- 160g whipping cream
- 12 pieces Oreo cookies, quartered

Topping - Oreo biscuits (grind/ crush into powder form)

Method
1. Crush biscuits with a rolling pin and stir in melted butter. Mix well.
2. Press the biscuits onto the tine till firm. Freeze for min 30 mins.
3. Cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla essence and cream until well blended.
4. Add eggs one at a time and cream until smooth.
5. Add whipping cream and cream until well combined. Add in Oreo cookies and stir till well combined.
6. Pour the cheese filling over the prepared biscuit base and water bath at 160*C for 50 mins or until centre is almost set. Turn off the oven and leave the cake cool in the oven with the door slightly open for 30 mins to 1 hour.
7. Run a small knife around the rim of the pan to loosen the cake. Chill for 1 hour.
8. Grind Oreo biscuit into powder form and dust on top of the cake. Decorate as desired.
9. Chill the cake for another 5 hours or overnight before serving.

P.S. I wasn't very satisfied with this cake this round as I found the cake was not as cheesy and rich as the previous one. I wasn't sure what went wrong as I followed the same steps as before. I will try again or else will try another recipe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails