Sunday, September 27, 2009

Banana Walnut Butter Cake

I don't like to eat banana as fruit but I like banana cake. I've been trying to hunt for good recipe and have experimented a couple of them. Most of them are generally good but this recipe that I would like to share is my best favourite. I adopted this from one of my baking lesson but with some modification as I find the original recipe is overly buttery and oily. In addition, I added some chopped walnuts per my daughter's request as she likes the added pleasure of getting some crunch from the cake.

I used "Ang Ba Jio" (a kind of banana good for cake baking) for this cake, it turned out extremely tasty. The texture of the cake is moist, soft and right with the natural banana fragrant and butter aroma. I shared the cake with my colleagues and friends and everyone gave me a thumb up. If you are a banana cake lover, this receipt is really worth a try. Serve your friends a slice and they will thank you for it.

Here is the recipe for the banana walnut butter cake.

Preparation
- Preheat oven at 180*C. Baking Time: 50 mins.
- Baking pan: Two 8" x 3" loaf pans or 7" square. Base lined with baking paper (Don’t grease the side).

Ingredients
- 225g butter (cold)
- 2 tbsp condensed milk (cold)
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs (cold)
- 150g sugar
- 170g self-raising flour } dry ingredients:
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda } sift together
- ¼ tsp salt }
- 240g ripe bananas (mashed)
- 100g finely untoasted walnut


Method
1. Cream butter at medium speed until pale and fluffy (about 4-5 mins). Beat in condensed milk and vanilla essence till well combined. Put aside.
2. In another mixing bowl, whisk eggs and sugar at medium speed until the ribbon stage (abt 8-10 mins) and pour into the butter mixture (step 1) and mix well.
3. Sift in ½ portion of dry ingredients (flour, soda and salt) and mix at low speed to combine (abt 15-20 sec)
4. Mix in the mashed bananas followed by the remaining dry ingredients
5. Fold into waltnut till well combined (Don’t over mix)
6. Pour batter into the prepared pans and baked in a preheated oven for 50 mins.


Important note: Butter cake is sensitive to temperature. All wet ingredients (butter, egg, milk, etc) should be kept within the same temperature.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails